In the past, the worst thing a dental patient could hear would be “you need a root canal.” However, this procedure’s dubious reputation is quite undeserved! The pain often associated with it actually stems from the infection located in the tooth. The treatment itself largely causes little to no sensation due to Dr. Lively’s use of the latest technology and techniques. If you have a tooth that just won’t stop hurting, a root canal might be exactly what you need to enjoy lasting relief.
Root Canal Therapy – Mangum, OK
Nothing to Fear Anymore
Why Choose Us for Root Canal Therapy?
- Sedation dentistry delivers comfortable experiences
- Highly skilled & compassionate team
- State-of-the-art facility
Why You Might Need a Root Canal
Your teeth are actually composed of three layers: the enamel on the outside, the dentin underneath, and at the center is a small amount of soft tissue called the dental pulp. This contains a number of blood vessels as well as a sensitive nerve. If bacteria is able to reach and infect it (either due to a cavity or crack in the enamel), it can cause quite a bit of pain as a result. The only way to repair this kind of damage and save the tooth from extraction is with…you guessed it, a root canal.
How a Root Canal Works
After we determine that you could benefit from a root canal, the procedure will involve the following steps:
- Dr. Lively will thoroughly numb your tooth with local anesthetic.
- Once you can’t feel a thing, he’ll create a small hole in the enamel so he can reach the infected pulp.
- He’ll remove the pulp, and the tooth will then be cleaned, sanitized, and filled.
- At a follow-up appointment, Dr. Lively will rebuild the enamel using a custom-made crown.
Afterwards, the treated tooth can be expected to look, feel, and function normally for many years to come. Thanks to Dr. Lively’s skilled hands, most patients say the procedure feels like just getting a small filling.