Dr. Dustin Lively, Dr. Brittany Hand and the rest of our team love to help our patients maintain healthy, confident, and problem-free smiles. That is why we so strongly encourage members of our community to visit us for routine dental checkups and cleanings. These appointments can be the key to preventing cavities and gum disease, maintaining fresh breath, and avoiding painful and expensive dental problems in the future.
Teeth Cleanings and Dental Checkups
Maintain a Healthy, Problem-Free Smile
Why Choose Us for Dental Cleanings and Checkups
- Local dentist with decades of experience
- Thorough, patient-centered treatment
- A welcoming, compassionate, and faith-based atmosphere
The Importance of Dental Cleanings and Checkups
Experts recommend that most people visit their dentist every six months or so for a dental checkup and cleaning. These regular appointments are important for a number of reasons:
- As plaque builds up on your teeth, it hardens into tartar, which at-home dental tools cannot get rid of. Your hygienist will remove tartar and plaque from even hard-to-reach areas of your mouth.
- Lively and Hand use their sharp eyes and decades of experience to thoroughly examine your mouth. They can spot signs of oral health problems before they cause you pain and cost you a lot of money.
- Dental insurance places a heavy emphasis on preventive care. Attending regular cleanings and checkups helps you get the greatest value out of your policy.
- Your hygienist, Dr. Lively, or Dr. Hand will give you personalized advice to help you take better care of your smile on a daily basis.
What to Expect During Your Appointment
After we welcome you into our office, we’ll escort you to an exam room, where one of our friendly hygienists will begin the teeth cleaning process. You might feel a bit of pressure on your teeth as the hygienist works to clean your mouth, but the process isn’t painful at all. Your hygienist may also take needed X-rays of your mouth so Dr. Lively or Dr. Hand can make sure your teeth are free of problems that the naked eye can’t see.
After your teeth are clean and polished, Dr. Lively or Dr. Hand will examine the hard and soft tissues in your mouth. If they notice anything that needs further treatment, our team will schedule you for your next appointment as soon as possible.
If you have questions or concerns at any time during your time in our practice, please speak up! Our goal is to make sure you have a positive, comfortable experience.
Here are a few tips to help you care for your mouth between dental checkups:
- Brush your teeth twice a day, and floss once a day.
- Don’t consume a lot of sugary, acidic, or starchy foods.
- Sip plenty of water throughout the day to rinse away food particles and bacteria that might be lingering in your mouth.
- If you ever experience a toothache or new dental sensitivity, give us a call so we can address the issue as soon as possible.
Has it been more than six months since your last dental appointment? Contact our team to schedule your next checkup and cleaning.