When you see a picture of yourself, do your eyes immediately go to your crowded teeth? Does looking in the mirror always end up with you wishing you could close the gaps in your smile? You’re not alone. Decades prior, metal brackets and dark-colored wires were the go-to solution, but no longer. Today, you can opt for Invisalign, which is a discreet, effective way to straighten your teeth. If you’re interested in finding out more about this orthodontic treatment, keep reading or reach out to our team to schedule your initial consultation!
Invisalign – Mangum, OK
A Discreet, Effective Way to Straighten Your Teeth
Why Choose 333 Dental Care For Invisalign?
- Skilled dentist with over 20 years of experience
- Personalized treatment plans for every patient
- Welcoming, faith-based atmosphere
How Invisalign Works
Although the meticulous planning that goes into crafting an Invisalign treatment plan is complex, the process itself is quite simple. In short, each set of clear aligners is designed to place just enough pressure on your teeth to gradually move them into their ideal position. Tray by tray, your teeth will begin to straighten out, bringing you closer and closer to your dream smile. You will come in for a check-in visit about every six weeks, which allows our team to monitor your progress and ensure your teeth are tracking properly. Once you’ve completed your entire series of aligners, we will provide you with a retainer to preserve your hard-earned results!
Indicators for Invisalign
Invisalign is a highly versatile orthodontic treatment that can be used to address any of the below issues:
Having overlapping teeth isn’t just a cosmetic concern, it also can make it difficult to clean your teeth and gums properly, which increases your risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Fortunately, Invisalign can effectively address crooked teeth, allowing you to smile confidently and clean your teeth thoroughly.
Gapped teeth can not only tank your self-confidence, but they leave extra room for food particles to get trapped, resulting in bad breath and decay. Luckily, clear braces can guide your teeth back into a much more aesthetically pleasing, functional position.
Overbites and underbites are just a few bite issues that can put an immense amount of pressure on your jaw, which can result in grinding and clenching. To protect your teeth from enamel wear, Invisalign can push your teeth into proper alignment.
Benefits of Invisalign
Ever since Invisalign technology first took the world by storm more than two decades ago, millions of teenagers and adults alike have been able to achieve straighter, healthier smiles without metal brackets and wires. These clear braces are designed to integrate into your daily life as seamlessly as possible, making them well-suited for working professionals of all ages. By choosing Invisalign in Mangum, here are some of the benefits you can look forward to!
- Confidence – The most obvious benefit of Invisalign is right there in the name! The aligners are made of a translucent plastic that practically disappears once placed over your teeth. Throughout your treatment, you’ll be able to show off your grin without worry.
- No dietary restrictions – Traditional braces come with a laundry list of foods that you shouldn’t eat, as they could break a bracket. With Invisalign, just remove the aligners before meals and snacks. You’ll be able to enjoy all of your favorite foods!
- Easy maintenance – Cleaning between the wires and brackets of braces often requires a water flosser or other special tools. To keep Invisalign trays clean, all you need is lukewarm water, clear antibacterial hand soap, and a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- No irritation – Metal braces are notorious for irritating the lips, tongue, gums, and the insides of the cheeks. In contrast, Invisalign aligners are made of smooth plastic that shouldn’t cause discomfort.
- Hassle-free oral hygiene – Since you can simply take out the aligners, brushing and flossing is just as easy as it was before treatment. There won’t be any brackets or wires for food debris and bacteria to become trapped. As a result, your risk for cavities, gum disease, and other oral health issues is lowered.
- Better overall health – Gum disease has been linked to several overall health conditions, including heart disease, osteoporosis, and diabetes. By preventing gum disease, you naturally lower the risk of these conditions.
- Speed – On average, it takes traditional braces 24 to 36 months to fully straighten a patient’s smile. Invisalign patients, on the other hand, often complete their treatment within 12 to 18 months.
- Lasting results – Provided you wear your retainer as directed after finishing treatment, the result of Invisalign can last for a lifetime!
- Saved money – Invisalign may seem expensive up-front, but it might actually be more cost-effective in the long run. Straighter teeth are healthier teeth, so with Invisalign, you could end up saving a great deal of money on gum disease treatment, fillings, and other dental procedures caused by crooked teeth.
Understanding the Cost of Invisalign
Since Invisalign isn’t a one-size-fits-all treatment, there is no one-size-fits-all price. Depending on the orthodontic issues you are looking to correct, your age, and the amount of time you need to wear your aligners, the cost of Invisalign in Mangum can vary. Fortunately, our team can provide you with the estimated price at your initial consultation! That way, you have the correct information and are informed about all the financial resources available to help you get the smile you want at a price you can afford.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Invisalign
The price you will pay for Invisalign is naturally going to be different than another person’s experience. The reason for this is that there are several factors we must consider, including:
- Whether you need to straighten one arch or both
- The severity of your particular dental problem (i.e., overcrowding, gapped teeth, bite alignment). Fixing a minor gap is much less expensive than realigning a severe underbite.
- How long you will need to undergo treatment. If necessary, prolonged treatment plans may require additional aligners, which can add to the total cost.
Invisalign vs. Smile Direct Club™: Which Costs More?
Are you considering Smile Direct Club to straighten your smile? Does the idea of a do-it-yourself (DIY) solution sound more convenient? While it is true that you will pay much less for Smile Direct Club, which is estimated to be around $2,000 versus Invisalign, which can run between $3,000 and $8,000, there are several factors you should consider before picking up the phone to put in your order:
- You are responsible for capturing your impressions. These serve as the blueprint when technicians create your aligners. If these are not completely accurate, you can be left with trays that do not fit comfortably and can actually harm your smile.
- There is little to no oversight by a trusted orthodontist, so if a problem occurs throughout treatment, you’ll be required to seek the help of a local professional, which will cost you more money.
- Because there is no orthodontist to regularly see, you’ll be responsible for monitoring your progress, which isn’t the best course of action since you may not know when to switch out your trays.
Instead of leaving it up to a DIY solution, it’s better to choose Invisalign because Dr. Lively will be here to oversee the entire process from start to finish. This will give you greater peace of mind knowing that your smile is moving in the right direction, and you have an Invisalign dentist in Mangum to call should a problem develop at any point.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Invisalign?
It depends on your dental insurance company as to whether they will agree to cover Invisalign. Some do offer coverage for orthodontic treatment; however, Invisalign usually is not included. But this is not always the case, which is why you should check with your insurer just to be sure. If you need assistance, our team will be more than happy to work on your behalf to get the information you need to make the right decision about your oral health. Also, if you have a flexible spending account (FSA), you can use it to help cover some of the costs associated with your Invisalign treatment.
Options for Making Invisalign Affordable
Apart from dental insurance, there are other ways to make Invisalign in Mangum more affordable. At 333 Dental Care, we are pleased to work with CareCredit, which is a third-party financier that offers low and no interest monthly payment plans to eligible individuals. This can help you to better budget for your new smile by allowing you to break up the cost of your care into manageable monthly installments.
Our dental team is here to help you achieve your smile goals. If those include using Invisalign to realign an overbite or provide space to an overly crowded smile, let us help you take the next step and identify ways you can make this type of treatment financially possible. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
If you’re looking for a discreet, effective way to straighten your teeth, there’s no better option than Invisalign. However, you likely have a few questions that need to be answered before you’re willing to commit to a treatment plan. That’s perfectly fine! During your no-obligation consultation, we’ll be happy to answer any and all inquiries you may have. In the meantime, we invite you to look over the following questions that we frequently get about Invisalign so you can learn more! When you’re ready to schedule your consultation, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Can You Be Too Old or Too Young For Invisalign?
Smiles of almost any age can benefit from Invisalign! Generally, we don’t recommend Invisalign for patients who don’t yet have all their permanent teeth. With that being said, there is no upper age limit for Invisalign! In fact, millions of adults have chosen this unique orthodontic solution because of how well it can fit into their busy, professional lifestyles. During your consultation, we’ll carefully inspect your smile to ensure that Invisalign is a good choice for you.
Will There Be Any Surprises Along the Way?
When it comes to orthodontic treatment, you do not want any surprises. Fortunately, because of the SmartTrack material used to create your Invisalign aligners, it not only produces a comfortable fit but also ensures predictable outcomes. Our team at 333 Dental Care has much experience helping patients achieve healthier, straighter smiles with Invisalign, so you can trust that we will minimize the potential of any surprises as long as you commit to wearing your trays as instructed.
Does Wearing Invisalign Aligners Hurt?
Traditional metal braces are notorious for their sharp metal wires and brackets that scratch the soft tissues in the mouth. Since Invisalign aligners are crafted from a single piece of smooth, biocompatible material, you can expect to enjoy a much more comfortable straightening experience!
However, all forms of orthodontic treatment are bound to cause some discomfort as your teeth are shifted into their ideal positions. Thankfully, any soreness caused by Invisalign should naturally go away on its own within a few days. To manage discomfort, try eating or drinking cold things, numbing your mouth with an ice pack or cold compress, or taking an over-the-counter pain reliever as directed.
Will I Have Difficulty Speaking with Invisalign?
Although you may develop a slight lisp when you first begin Invisalign treatment, you can expect this change in your speech to only last a few days. Your lips, teeth, and tongue will need to adjust to the new aligner. You can minimize this minor speech impediment by reading aloud to yourself or others as well as practicing certain words and syllables. For a few days, your “s” and “z” sounds might come out as “th,” but again, this should only be temporary.
What Foods Do I Have to Avoid During Invisalign Treatment?
Unlike traditional metal braces, there are no dietary restrictions that come with Invisalign. While you should of course limit your intake of unhealthy, sugary foods, you can continue to enjoy all your favorite meals while you straighten your smile. Simply take your aligners out, enjoy your food, then give your teeth a quick brush before putting your aligners back in. As long as your aligners don’t come in contact with any foods or beverages besides water, you won’t have to adjust your daily diet.
How Are Invisalign Aligners Cared For?
It’s easy to keep your Invisalign aligners clean since they’re removable! Just remember to:
- Rinse your aligners off every morning, evening, and any time you take them out of your mouth.
- Brush and floss your teeth twice a day as well as before putting your aligners back in after eating or drinking.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and Invisalign cleaning solution to clean your aligners daily.
What Should I Do If I Lose My Invisalign Trays?
It’s important that you keep your Invisalign trays in a protective case; however, should you accidentally lose them, make sure you have your previous set of trays readily available. While waiting to see our team, you can return to wearing your previous aligners so that your teeth do not shift too far in the wrong direction. Once we evaluate your situation, we can determine if you need new aligners created or if you can move ahead to the next set in the series.
Are Invisalign Results Permanent?
Invisalign has the potential to transform your smile for life, but only if you take the proper steps to preserve your results! At the end of your treatment, we’ll provide you with a custom-made retainer and personalized instructions on how often you should wear it. This little device will help hold your teeth in their ideal positions as your mouth grows and changes over time, allowing you to maintain a beautiful, healthy, and straightened smile for life!
Can I Be Treated with Invisalign If I’ve Worn Braces in the Past?
Absolutely! Just because you wore braces as a teenager or even as a young adult doesn’t mean you can’t fix minor problems with Invisalign. As an older adult, you can find great success with these clear aligners. Maybe you didn’t wear your retainer quite as often as you should have and now your teeth are slightly out of alignment. That’s okay! With Invisalign, you can straighten your smile once again, only this time, your treatment will be more discreet. You will need to schedule a consultation with a member of our team to discuss your eligibility, as more severe cases will likely require traditional orthodontics.